STONINGTON'S PREMIER MANUFACTURED HOME COMMUNITY
Interested in learning more about us?
A Brief History of Arlington Acres
In the late 1950s, Rhode Islanders Shirley and Jack Moran (from the Arlington neighborhood of Cranston), expanded their trailer sales business by opening a mobile home sales lot in Groton, Connecticut, close to where Wal-Mart is today. Then, in the 1960s, Shirley and Jack, along with Shirley's parents, Earl and Hattie Blinkhorn, developed the 150-site mobile home park and named it Arlington Acres. It soon became know as one of the finest mobile home parks in New England. In 1986, Jeffrey P. Ossen, an attorney from Mansfield, Connecticut who became a full-time developer and operator of manufactured home communities, purchased the park. In 2011, Nicolas Furlotte, a businessman from Groton, acquired Arlington Acres.
What You'll Love About Arlington Acres:
- An established and well-maintained neighborhood of owner-occupied manufactured homes.
- A low-maintenance, hassle-free lifestyle with the comfort of your own home and the privacy of your own yard.
- An all-age community that appeals to retirees and down-sizers, as well as to younger couples and working singles. It is quiet, peaceful and affordable.
- Off-street parking in your own driveway.
- Small house pets permitted.
- Complete lawn care and other home care services available.
- Purchase a new home custom-designed and built for you. Resales also available.